Jogendra's Most Excellent Palak Paneer
This is a minimalist take on Palak Paneer, but the flavor itself is not minimal!
access_time 75 minutes
local_dining 4 servings
- 12 ounces paneer (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoons ginger
- 3 pounds spinach
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoons hing (asafoetida)
- 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili (lal mirch)
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 peppers green chili (hari mirch)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
1. Sautee gralic, chilies, and onion and all the spices (except the ginger) in butter for a few minutes.
2. Add spinach incrementally until its cooked down, cooking for about 15 minutes
3. Place cooked spinach in blender along with the tomato and grated ginger. Blend until nicely pureed.
4. Pour blended content into a saucepan and set to simmer.
5. In a separate pan fry the cubed paneer in butter until lightly browned on all sides.
6. Add paneer to the sauce, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste