Aloo Matar Paneer Sabji
Delicious paneer and peas meal. Best served with Roti.
access_time 60 minutes
local_dining 4 servings
- 2 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup peas (frozen)
- ½ pound paneer (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 russet potato (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek (ground (menthi powder))
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup water (if needed (optional))
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 chile pepper (green, cut into matchsticks)
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1 onion (large, minced)
- 4 cloves (whole)
- 4 green cardamom
- 6 black peppercorns (whole)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch) piece)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ginger (1 inch) piece fresh)
- 4 clove garlic
1. Place garlic and ginger in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir bay leaves, cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, peppercorns, cardamom pods, and cloves in hot oil until spices change color and become fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir until onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir garlic-ginger puree and green chile pepper into onion mixture; cook and stir until chile pepper is tender, 1 to 2 minutes more.
5. Stir in tomatoes.
6. If mixture becomes too thick, add water.
7. Season with chili powder and cumin.
8. Remove tomato mixture from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
9. Transfer mixture to the blender or food processor; puree until smooth.
10. Pour sauce into a saucepan and add butter and fenugreek.
11. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium heat and stir in potatoes.
12. Simmer until potatoes are nearly tender, 10 to 15 minutes; add paneer and frozen peas.
13. Continue to simmer until potatoes and peas are tender, about 5 minutes more.
14. Stir in honey and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.